Services Related Queries Only
Reverse Engineer Responsibilities
Reverse engineer specialist should not only be an expert in languages such as C/C++, Python and/or Java, but also have a deep understanding of firmware and binary disassembly, and what altering execution sections would accomplish. Collaborate with a team of experienced malware analysts and researchers.
Project scenarios for the reverse engineering work include cyber system and protocol research, hardware and/or software reverse engineering, and the documentation of findings and recommendations to the customer to solve their mission needs. The viability and potential impact of the findings will often require team members to develop proof-of-concept exploitations or modifications based on identified vulnerabilities.
Reverse Engineer Jobs
Reverse Engineer Requirements
Reverse Engineer Job Description
• Reverse engineer malware samples in order to characterize their attributes for identification, correlate indicator information to identify larger attack architectures and topologies, and create proof of concept software to assist in real-time analysis and tracking of targeted malware families.
• Conduct vulnerability analysis of complex and diverse software systems and network architectures.
• Identify anti-analysis techniques, including encryption, obfuscation, virtual machine detection, and conditional coding for the purpose of identifying tactics, techniques, and procedures used by malware authors.
• Provide subject matter expertise on cyber threats, attacks, and incidents of interests to PhishLabs and our customers as well as knowledge of typical attack vectors, network exploitation techniques, and exfiltration channels.
• Monitor underground marketplace activity for any new threats being distributed or discussed by cyber actors.
Reverse Engineer Required Skills
• Advanced understanding of Windows and Linux based operating systems as well as the iOS and Android Platforms.
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other computer related field.
• Demonstrable experience working with open-source and commercial analysis tools for the purposes of malware reverse engineering including, but not limited to, decompilers, disassemblers, debuggers, systems internals utilities, and network traffic analysis tools.
• Experience with enterprise level sandbox tools and familiarity of edge and endpoint protection systems.
• Proven ability to analyze and reverse engineer packed or obfuscated code, develop code to monitor botnets, and reverse engineer custom protocols.
• Advanced understanding of operating system internals and Windows API.
• Experience with both SQL and NoSQL data storage solutions as well as ElasticSearch search and analytics engine to include data implementation and design.
• Experience with security data characterization standards such as STIX, MAEC, TAXII, CybOx.
• Experience with networking, network protocols, and security infrastructures.
• Experience with financially-incentived malware such as banking trojans is preferred.
• Experience with creation and maintenance of rules to detect malicious activity or code (yara, snort, suricate, etc.)
Why are we so amazing?
Our awesome chef prepares freshly Maison-made breakfasts, lunches, diners, beverages, coffees everyday to provide the fuel you need to innovate and Execute Best Ideas.
EVENTS AND HACKATHONS
Want to organize, talk or attend an event? We give you two days per month to attend or organize team-buildings, conferences, trainings, meetups or hackathons.
Work hard, play hard! We have an in-house bar with a large choice of wines, beers and arcade games. Plus, we organize memorable & engaging team events at least twice a month.
ELITEBOOK OR ALIENWARE
Choose your laptop, Elitebook or Alienware on your first day to get your job done. Fun fact: We didn’t find any laptop or Hardware able to compute as fast as our team members.
We choose to work in a flex office environment to grow new collaborative ideas and practices. We work in small product oriented teams to focus & execute faster.
NO DIPLOMAS REQUIRED
At CryptoMize, we don’t care about your degrees, we only care about what you know. Your skillset will be evaluated in regard to your technical experiences and skills.
Related Job Openings
Other Related Job Openings at CryptoMize in the Similar Category