- Design, develop and improve websites.
- Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Produce project estimates during sales process, including expertise required, total number of people required, total number of development hours required, etc.
- Work with software programmers, integrators, multimedia and web designers.
- Ensure quality of products and services according to standards, processes and procedures.
- Work with clients and Project Managers to build and refine graphic designs for websites. Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s).
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients.
- Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays. Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Be actively involved in and contribute regularly to the development community of the CMS of your choice.
- Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools for activism and community building.
- Identify technical problems and procedures and communicate their applicable solutions.
- Participate in collecting information for documents related to the use of computer programs.
- Document the use and maintenance of all software and programs.
- Once the web application has been developed, the web developer will also be responsible for detecting and fixing bugs before the product is launched.
Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.